Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Binky's bits

Are no more. I have really mixed feelings about this. I've never seen anyone enjoy being a mum so much as she does and I feel I've taken that away from her, which makes me really sad. OTOH, we can't allow her to keep having babies because there are already far too many unwanted cats needing loving homes, and that is wrong too. I didn't expect to feel so strongly about it but it made me really sad.

She's a marvel of a little cat in so many ways. Probably by dint of the fact that she had her babies in there she got in the cat carrier with no problems - had I known this I wouldn't have spent half the night last night in a state of :O over where I'd put the bird of prey gauntlets and the Kevlar suit. She sat in the car and only said two things (both variations on "mrrrow!") all the way there, which I thought was remarkable. OK she made a run for it in the vet's room and I had to scruff her to get her out from behind the ultrasound, but that's ok.

When I went to collect her she looked so scared, I could have cried, and I felt bad all over again. It's an awful lot for her to go through. The vet felt she probably spent longer in a feral state than with humans. In order to minimse stress to her I had her microchipped and vaccinated while she was under, so all we have to do is go back for her check up and second set of vaccs in two weeks. She doesn't appear to have held any of it against me and is reunited with her babies again. On the plus side she can now grow sleek and lovely and enjoy her babies and hopefully good health.

Meanwhile I saw Ted on Sunday for the  first time since the shagging incident in the garden and he looked pretty crap, like he'd lost weight and acquired a limp, so naturally I was worried about him and took him some food and water. He looked as though he'd been in a fight and had definitely done something to his off hind. He's been back for food each day since and is now looking better, and not so lame, so I think he'll be ok but will keep an eye on him. I fear Sid will divorce me if I take any more cats to the vet for the next while. Those nuts have got to come off though (Ted's nuts, just to be clear).

Sid's talking about bringing some of the kittens into the lounge. Mwahahahahahahahahaha! Sometims it's a waiting game but a decision of this sort of moment has to be his, or I will never hear the end of it when they get into everything and start breaking things and causing mayhem. I probably won't anyway, but that's French people for you.

1 comment:

  1. Meanwhile I saw Ted on Sunday for the first time since the shagging incident in the garden and he looked pretty crap, like he'd lost weight and acquired a limp

    A limp what? :)

    ReplyDelete