Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 November 2010

What a week

There are a small clutch of phrases suitable to describe a week like the one I've just had, but I think i will settle for "bleeding Nora". It's been a particular slog; packed with meetings and a great deal to be done wherever you look. On Wednesday I went to Roehampton Uni for a day with the suppliers of our helpdesk software, which was an excellent day, setting aside the 50 min trek along Roehampton Lane that was clearly advertised as a 20 minute walk but just as clearly wasn't. So whilst my planned arrival at Barnes for 9:40 to arrive at 10am seemed perfectly adequate in the inception stage, the actuality of it was rather different and I arrived at just a whisker before 10:30, perspiring moderately, full of bladder and desperate for coffee and breakfast, just as the seminar started.

That aside it was a good day and we all piled down to the pub afterwards for a well-deserved pint. I really like these guys and Roehampton is home from home now, so well beaten is the path between our campus and theirs.

Today I've said goodbye to a member of my team and taken in a new contractor for the intervening period, who has ingratiated himself very well actually by the simple expedient of buying me (a) some chips and curry sauce, and (b) a pint of Guinness in the pub tonight at the leaving do. Turns out the pub is like waiting for a bus; you don't see one for ages and then two come along in one week.

I know I've remarked on this already but it really is surprising just how many people seem to really like goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment