Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 August 2010

Breaking News

Xacra finally allowed me near her again tonight (after making sure there wasn't a farrier secreted nearby), then really let her guard down for the first time ever to enjoy some scritchies, first on one side of her neck then both sides simultaneously, with lip wobbling and everything! She either let me press my face against her neck to give her a kiss or was so wrapped up in her scritchies that she didn't notice :wub:

Not only that, she nickered at me a little later, but I think that's because she thought I had food.

Worked both boys tonight so their holiday is finally over. T came in to see what  was what when he saw me with the head collar, while Q galloped off, bucking. T has dropped a bit of weight and top line since the mares arrived so I'm going to up his feed, and Q looks like he's about to give birth, so the pitiful offering he gets with his supps will be halved and his workload upped. In spite of this, Q and Xacra keep looking at one another, and I imagine the conversation goes something like this.

X: "I like the look of you. Who might you be?"
Q: "I like the look of you too. Fancy a shag?"
Me: "Have a good look guys, you'll be shagging come spring".

No comments:

Post a Comment