Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 August 2010

Crunch

The boys and I had an appointment with our chiropractor this morning; first time in ages. Both boys in good shape: Q just had a minor tightness to the right just above the wither and T a little tightness around the right stifle - this is the one that gets a bit sticky so not a big surprise. Otherwise pronounced in good shape. Me on the other hand - Jesus. Let's just say there was a deal of crunching going on. I'm not sure why it is that this always makes me giggle like a loon, but there it is. Felt much better afterwards, with advice to take it easy. Of which, fat chance, really. We took the pooch for a walk, did some shopping and poo picked all the fields, so I hope I haven't undone all the good work by humping around half a hundredweight of poo. The boys have had a day off though in the name of me taking it easy.

Good progress with the girls today; Xacra is getting the idea of picking up her foot when asked, which is fab. Both girls are quite wary of men though so I'm not sure how far we'll get with the farrier, but we'll give it a go. They're looking really well though and taking much more interest in all our doings. Alfama is also doing well and is much more approachable having discovered the joy of succulents. She wanted to move around a bit so I spent some time using body language to underline that I was guiding her feet and then she stood really beautifully and allowed me to run my hand down to her fetlocks, so really pleased with them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment