Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 April 2010

Ahhhh

Well I can't resist a second post in the same day - unheard of I know and the more sporadic normal service will be resumed hereafter.

Got home to find that our lovely neighbours had put the boys back out after Phil had finished rolling, and they were grazing contentedly.

But the paddocks! I wasn't prepared for what a thrill it was to see them looking groomed and smoothed. I realise that probably sounds quite sad, but I care not! It's safe to say that it's been a while since the land had such TLC and it's a lovely, satisfying thing. So I did the only thing I could, which was to ring Phil and tell him how thrilled I was with his work. That and to discuss the wad of cash that we now owe him. He will be pleased to know I'm sure that his nads are safe for the moment.

Meanwhile, Tom the chap that did the hard standing and who will do the arena "in the fullness of time", had an unexpected fit of the giggles when I rang him today and told him we needed 450' of telegraph poles. I've no idea why that is amusing.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.bruceatfield.co.uk/Miscellaneous/Misc/Telegraphpoles/view.aspx

    http://www.salvo.co.uk/hertfordshire/timber/telephone-telegraph-poles-x48696x1.html

    There's a builder's yard at Cannards Grave, Shepton Mallet that sells them too, but I can't find a website for them and can't remember their name.

    ReplyDelete