Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 April 2010

A moment of quiet

Well here I sit with a nice quiet cup of coffee - or is that quietly with a nice cup of coffee - anyway here I sit in a quiet fashion imbibing the morning's caffeine fix having just done the boys, contemplating the day ahead. Got a long weekend coming up which seems almost perversely indulgent given that I've just had two weeks off, but anyway.

First, we have the Ru-ster arriving later this morning, to give a clinic. Very much looking forward to this. Then, my folks are arriving this afternoon - and I haven't seen m mum for well over a year, so it will be awesome to catch up properly. Can't wait to see her and my niece, the erstwhile Knickers.

Tomorrow is my birthday, a fact which I am simultaneously trying to forget on account of the advancing age factor, and celebrate with a big slap up meal, because that's what we do in this house. It'll be a seafood feast that looks something like this:

* dressed crab
* tiger prawns in garlic and butter
* seafood linguine
* a confection of delicious but unhealthy doings involving meringue, cream, hazelnuts and fruit
* cheese
* lots of Amarone. Even though white wine is probably more appropriate.

There's so much to do between now and then that I must sit here quietly contemplating for a moment longer before I get going and get my increasingly aged butt over to Waitrose. But not for too much longer as Rui will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment