Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 December 2009

The final straight

FINALLY two loads of wood chips arrived this morning. Yay! I celebrated by running up and flinging myself on top of the pile, then running around in a very small circle, eyes scrunched up and fists punching the air.

The next task, faced with the two mini mountains, was to find a way to distribute it around the picadeiro, a challenge which could only reasonably be met by a giant rake. Only thing is, it's a bugger trying to find an industrial sized rake in the small Wealden vilage in which I live, so I bought a small one and hoped for the best.

By virtue of a variety of helping hands throughout the day the vast majority of it is now done - jut a small corner left which I really, really wanted to finish but had to concede defeat as was no longer able to see. Sid has promised to put the lights up tomorrow and then hopefully we can rock n roll. Can't wait to ride tomorrow :happy dance: All we need to finish off is the gate and another couple of loads of wood chips, but I am fucked if I'm spending another whole day raking. No way. Uh-huh.

T got himself in a complete state by rolling and then spent the evening frowning because he doesn't like it when it dries. Silly boy. Am going to have to chisel off the bits where the cavesson goes tomorrow and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment