Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 December 2009

The week so far

I am presently fond of saying that I'm clinging by my fingernails for the hols (two weeks! two weeks!). Sidney (the erstwhile Mr Equidoodads) has gone one better and is fond of saying that he is clinging by his eyelids for the hols, which I find still more appealing as an image and bloody funny. I've got a big grin on my face just writing it down.

So the picadeiro saga inches towards completion; the base has been levelled to an extent and Dora has christened it with a giant turd - actually two, if you count this morning's magnificent contribution. I just hope to Christ it's ready for the weekend; it's one of the only things keeping me going atm.

The other thing that's keeping me going is contemplation of the hols, during which I will probably battle the desire to get things done around house and yard with the very real need to get some rest. Not making the trek up to town every day will be a good start. Yet we have managed once again to end up with not one day of holiday to ourselves, as relatives are staying with us from the 21st until the 4th. Not all for that long but the net result is much the same. That'll learn me not to take much notice of the dates when things are being arranged. As a result I have already resolved that I am not going into entertainment overdrive but will instead do exactly what I was going to do anyway and not deviate from that, because nothing else is acceptable . This is a resolution which we will carve on a stone tablet and stow away under a squeaky floorboard behind the kitchen dresser.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've got a blog, a nice new place, some excellent horses (by the sound of it) and are appreciating the hols! America doesn't do holidays. Well they do, but in the crappest, most subservient way. Looking back at the holiday G*smiths gave I wonder why I ever left. Then I remember of course, but the holidays were fucking wonderful.
    I will be thinking of you all, especially on boxing day (they don't have that here).

    ReplyDelete