Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Newness

Righto. Been meaning to setup a blog for ages and now that a whole new chapter has just begun in our lives this seems an opportune moment to do it. We've taken the plunge into our dream of having the horses at home and are still reeling from the shock to the system that is part and parcel of boxing up all one's wordly doings and transporting it elsewhere, then doing it all over again for the horses. Since that red letter day some three and a bit weeks ago, it has of course Not Stopped Raining and the fields are, literally, awash. The boys dislike being hosed off although on the plus side they don't appear to mind having bits of mud picked off their doodads. The great thing is that I can go and pick bits of mud from their doodads pretty much whenever I like (between 6-10pm weekdays and any time during the weekends) on our very own bit of land :)

Work has been particularly demanding and I feel like I'm clinging by my fingernails for Christmas, with the added disadvantage that I've bitten them all off.

The fallout from this extended period of activity is that I am wrestling with a lurgy, which I hope to be able to batter into submission although it's never a good sign when you can feel each individual lungular aureole and your glands are throbbing. It would be quite typical that just as I have secured the use of a nearby arena without having to box out anywhere, I feel too rancid to make use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment